Things That Make You Go.., Hmmm?



A few days ago, by mere chance, I came across some interesting information on Marie Laveau; the famous Voodoo Queen of New Orleans, quite the interesting character, to say the least. It surprised me that I had never heard or read about her before.What was even more intriguing to me, not sure why, was her surname which I couldn't get out of my head. For a good portion of the day thereafter, I pondered on whether its correct spelling was: Lavoe, Lavaux or Laveau? The information had been given to me verbally and since my "French" leaves a lot to be desired, I hadn't the slightest clue, so I figured I'd Google her at some point later in the day in order to find out. Little did I know, I'd be spared all the trouble...

Later that evening while unwinding and channel surfing, I tuned into Jeopardy which was already in progress. And wouldn't you know it?, no more than 5 seconds in, there it was.., "Marie Laveau", was one of the few remaining answers on the board. There it was!, in plain bold white letters, I couldn't believe it... To say that I was a bit taken aback by the whole timing of it all, would be an understatement, lol. Well, whatever the reason behind that peculiar coincidence, I've decided that if nothing else, it would make for an interesting post. So here we are, and there ya have it. Happy trails! :)

http://www.voodoomuseum.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15

Comments

Popular Posts