The Comstock Brothel Flashbacks


For those of you who like me, are thoroughly enjoying the new season of  'True Blood'..., is it just me?..., or has anyone else noticed Walter Sickert's paintings depicted in some of the Comstock Brothel scenes? The timeline fits right in, with only one difference; the flashbacks take place in San Francisco and Sickert's stomping ground at the time was London. The scenes are so gorgeous and artful that I cannot imagine it is just pure coincidence. I guess the 'Jack The Ripper' element ties right in to the whole predatory Vampire theme. One has to admire such creativity.
Now, let's talk about my li'l darling, Salome. Valentina Cervi is playing the part to a tee and doing an awesome job but I can't help but think that Monica Bellucci would've been ideal and better suited for the part. She did after all play a vampire in Bram Stoker's 'Dracula' in the '90s:

Exquisite...





Comments

Popular Posts